Yoga is something I have wanted to try for a long time. I have really weak muscles in my lower back and wanted to try yoga to see if I could strengthen and lengthen those muscles and all my muscles and keep flexible in my older age :)
So, anyway, I got back on my walking program yesterday and also had ordered a dvd from Netflix called "You can do Yoga " by Leslie Sansone who is the same lady who does the walking dvds I use.
I just tried the poses or stances or whatever they call them. They are not that hard! After you learn the poses the actual yoga session is less than 30 minutes. So, I ordered the dvd from Amazon and another walking dvd too.
2 comments:
I have a walking book by Leslie Sansone. It seems pretty informative. I haven't figured the yoga thing out. I have it in my brain that the moves have to be fast and hard to work. I know that this is naive, but it works for me...:) I've seen lots of evidence to the contrary, which just proves I AM naive! (or just set in my ways!!)
That is so great! I have been a big fan of yoga for years. Unfortunately I haven't been consistent since I've had kids; but when I feel tense I will do a move or two and feel a little better. I really used yoga when I was in college and found when I did it consistently I not only felt better physically I also felt better emotionally, calmer I guess. I REALLY need to get back into it! Keep it up!!
Post a Comment