
I made and sent exactly ONE Valentine this year and that was for my Aunt Eve.
Aunt Eve is the widow of my dad's brother Walt. My Uncle Walt died over 20 years ago due to complications from a car accident.
My Aunt Eve has always been special to me. When I was a little girl people would say to me, "Where did you get that pretty red hair?" and I would always reply "from my Aunt Eve." I realized on my own at some point that we were not blood relatives and therefore she did not pass her red hair gene to me........But I was not ready to learn in jr. high or so that Aunt Eve was not a natural redhead. My dad broke it to me!
Aunt Eve bought me my first bra. It was pink and lacy and had panties to match.
My Aunt Eve and I have always stayed close even though she lived in Florida for many years and now lives in TN. Lindsay and I visited her about 3 years ago. It was wonderful. She has done more for me than people will ever know. She is a wonderful aunt.
About 4 years ago Aunt Eve and two of her friends were visiting on the sidewalk in their retirement neighborhood when all three of them were hit by a car. One of the women died from her injuries and Aunt Eve and the other lady were seriously injured. I was terrified that I would lose her. I did not rest until I got in touch with her daughter, Shari to make sure she would recover and Shari promised to keep me updated on her progress. Thank God she did recover and it was soon after that that she moved to Franklin, TN to be near Shari and Rob, and then we flew down to see her.
So, I rarely miss a holiday.......always sending cards to her and occasional pictures of my kids (she loves my family). And I hope to visit her in TN again sometime soon.
I love you, Aunt Eve!!!
Your Neenie
No comments:
Post a Comment