Well, tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day and I just wanted to reflect on what I am thankful for........
I am thankful first of all for my life. Thank you, Lord for giving me life and entrusting me to a mother who has loved and nurtured me for my whole life. Thank you for a daddy that loves me and has given me many happy memories.
I am thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ without whom there is no hope in this world. Thank you, Father that in this scary world we live in that YOU are in complete control and have a perfect plan for each of us that loves you and accepts your gift of salvation through Jesus, your one and only Son.
Thank you for Doug, the wonderful man that you chose to be my husband. Thank you for his faithfulness, his love and kindness to me. Thank you for his parents that brought him up right.
I am so thankful for my Jacob. My very hard come by miracle boy who is growing up so fast. Thank you that he is such a loving, soft hearted young man. Thank you that he is handsome, smart and funny. Thank you for the honor of being his mother.
And my twinnies..........Wow, it's been a rough road sometimes these past almost 6 years. I am so thankful that Dylan is the brown eyed sweetheart that he is. Strong willed, creative and talented. Such a loving little boy.
Thank you for my Ian Timothy. It was so hard to accept that he has Autism Spectrum Disorder. There are still days when I think it just can't be true.
But God has been good and we have an awesome doctor in Dr. Richtmeir who has helped us so much. We are thankful for the medication that God has made available to us to help Ian be happier and our household more calm. I am thankful that Ian is loving, accepts affection and gives it. That he is making conversation more and more and even cracking jokes!
Ian is so high functioning. It could be so much worse. He will be able to grow up, get married and have a family. He has autism, autism does not have him.
And Lindsay, oh my. The best gift I never knew I wanted. In fact was quite sure I didn't!! Thank you Lord for the gift of a surprise baby conceived the old fashioned way and a girl to boot!! So I am no longer alone in testosterone land!!!
I am thankful for my sisters, brother, sisters in law, brothers in law, nieces, nephews, great nieces and nephews, my aunts, uncles, cousins. I am thankful for my dear friends.
I could go on and on, God has blessed me so much!!!
I am thankful for a nice home, food to eat and that my babies are warm in their beds. I am thankful that my husband has a job.
I am thankful that God has helped us get back into church and that we have attended 3 weeks in a row now!!!!!
Wow, I really could go on forever and a day.
Last for now, but certainly not least........I am thankful that my cousin, Kristin's daughter is safe with her family tonight.
God Bless everyone that reads here. If you do, you are a blessing to me too!
Thanks for counting my blessings with me!
2 comments:
Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers. There was absolutely NOTHING SCARIER than that moment when she was just gone! Of course, she is fine, but I will NEVER be the same. Thanks again for including me and my family on your "thankful" list. It means more to me than you know.
Oh, I can not imagine the terror.
Thank the Good Lord she is safe!
Makes me get a lump in my throat just thinking about it.
Post a Comment