Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday July 31st 2009

Oh, my goodness August is tomorrow!
To me August means FALL is right around the corner. WOW!
I need to talk about my kids today............I love my gorgeous, funny, naughty, sweet, rotten, selfish, thoughtful kids.
They are a demanding bunch. Thank you, God for entrusting them to my care. That you found me worthy of the job is AmAzInG to me.
Jake is so tall, he will be an adult in less than 2 years. Where, oh where did those years go? I hope that I instilled in him a love for our Lord, honesty, integrity, kindness, good manners.
Ian and Dylan - my twinnies. I never dreamed in a million years I would be the mother of twins.
They are so different, yet there is that twin bond. Thank you, God that they are mine.
Lindsay, my little surprise package. She wants to be just like me, Help me, Father to be a good example. I know that I have failed many times to do that. Forgive me and help me do better from now on.
The biggest dream I have for all my children is to love the Lord and become his children.
I love our church. So thankful that God led us to Rothbury Community Church. Jake is starting the youth group next Wed. Brand new youth pastor, good time to get him going........only two more years that we have a say in his spiritual habits.
I have another daughter now, too. My SIL said that she is my daughter of the heart. I like that so much....now I call her that all the time. Her name is Jasmine and she is a beautiful girl, inside and out. She is a huge help to me with the little kids. We do things together, her, me and Lindsay...girl stuff. She plays star wars with Dylan and shows a genuine interest in what Ian likes ....... computers! She is a gift from God. She has also been Jake's friend since 4th grade.
And I want to say that my husband is the best in the world. Perfect, uh.....no! But for a man, pretty close for me. He supports us, loves us, yells at us, forgives us, encourages us.
Summer ending is going to be sad this year. My children are growing up way too fast and it can be depressing. But I have to thank God that they are growing up.... Jake could so easily have died on the day he was born had God not chosen to heal his heart defect. The twins are strong and healthy and Lindsay is a spunky little girl. So many people have lost children at a young age, so many people cannot have children. I was one of those once and God performed 4 miracles for me.
Life is fleeting. People live and they die. People matter. God has woven a tapestry that is my life. He chose every strand, every color, every fiber a long time ago and with great thought. He does that for all of us. He tests us, refines us, shines us up and one day we will stand before him and he will have one question for us............"Why should I let you into My Glory?" I know my answer, in all my imperfection........I have the answer.

No comments: