16 years ago tonight I was nervously and excitedly contemplating giving birth to my first child....... didn't know if it was a girl or boy and didn't care. After 11 years of marriage and 5 of those spent with doctors trying to figure out why we couldn't conceive we had done IVF and were pregnant and it was almost time to meet our baby. After going to bed every night for several months with baby lotion rubbed on the back of my hand so that I could smell it as I fell asleep, I was about to see him.
After smoothing tiny sheets and blankets every night in his crib, soon he would be laying there, my baby....after lullabies and books.....yes books! I read to my babies in the womb and as soon as they came out. After years of waiting and dreaming I was about to become a mom............and Doug a daddy.
Doug and I prayed together for a good nights sleep and a safe delivery of our baby the next day.
We fell asleep with sweet anticipation of holding our own long awaited gift from GOD...............
1 comment:
Oh, what a sweet story. Can you believe it has been 16 years already? Hope you all had a wonderful evening!
Post a Comment