Sunday, December 7, 2008

Janine Smith Eitniear age 4, Christmas 1967


yep, that's me 41 years ago when I was the same age as Lindsay. Almost exactly the same age as her birthday is 2/4 and mine is 3/5.
My mom and dad always made Christmas so fun. We didn't get tons of gifts but we always got one "big gift" and then a few smaller ones and my mom put together the BEST stockings!! I remember my younger brother, Rob and I actually spent probably an hour going through our stockings. Mom was awesome. My dad always got up early and stoked up the fire in the fireplace til it roared. Mom had the Christmas music going. Oh, the memories. There was nothing hurried about our Christmas morning, we savored everything..........after all the gifts were opened we just played and Mom disappeared into the kitchen and soon the wonderful, familiar smells of Christmas dinner started wafting into the living room. Thank you, Mom and Dad for making such great Christmas memories for me. I love you both so very much.

P.S. for Jodi and Kristin.....try not to envy that camera under the tree!!! LOL!!!!!

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Janine, Lindsay's birthday is the same day as my daughters ... but many years apart. Eryn will be 36 on 2/4.

Jodi said...

I love Christmas stories..I imagine it was like that for my mom at grandma's house, too... :)

Janine said...

now, wait just a cottin pickin' minute..........you are making me feel old! :(

Mellyanne said...

Oh my goodness. What a cute picture. How special! What kinds of things did your mom put in your stockings?

Melissa