Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I cannot believe I am sharing this!


Remember that cute picture of me at Christmas when I was four that I shared a while back?
Well, this picture isn't nearly as cute..........it is my "beached whale" look!
Yes, Christmas Eve 7 years ago I was about to give birth to my twins, Ian & Dylan! They were born the day after Christmas.
My dad came over on Christmas Eve and took this picture of me. I was not thrilled. But now I am glad I have it even though I look horrid. Not only was I carrying 15 lbs of baby (yep,Ian was 7# 8 oz and Dylan was 7# 5 oz.) I had horrible edema. I was so swollen I couldn't even bend to sit in a chair. I just kind of leaned those last couple weeks.
Anyway, here I am..........don't laugh!

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Janine - just think of how much better you feel NOW than you did when that picture was taken! AND ... for all your discomfort, your reward was your sweet twins!

Jodi said...

good for you for sharing... :)

Kerry said...

Janine, I love the picture of your kids on your blog!!! Is that your front porch? I'm jealous!!! :o )

Kerry

Janine said...

no, that is the front porch of the vacation house we rented last summer in Harbor Springs, MI.