the goose is getting fat. Please to put a penny in the old man's hat. If you have no penny, a h'penny will do, if you have no h'penny, then God bless you!!!
I love that song.........Dylan has been singing it around the house a lot as they are learning it for their Christmas program~~ Dylan is so excited about it. He loves to sing. He loves to learn.
Ian said he will try. Last year, he just stood up there holding the teacher's hand. But he was good and he looked cute, so it was enough for me.
Today we made popcorn balls! What a hoot. We had popcorn, popped and unpopped, all over the place. We laughed at our germophobe, Jacob. He kept insisting on repeated handwashing and hand sanitizer application between each ball, because the little kids might have licked their hands! Ian made a few too. He was funny. Dylan and Lindsay got into it with gusto. It made a mess and took longer than I had thought, but it was fun and we laughed really hard. Until Dylan sneezed or something and Jacob totally freaked out and went stomping off upstairs. I told him he was worse than Howie Mandel.
I haven't got much decorating done inside. Doug worked all weekend on the outside. I am going to clean and put some stuff out tomorrow. Tuesday morning Doug and I will get the tree up and I will put the lights and ribbon on and then it will be ready for the kids to hang their ornaments when they get home from school and into the evening. We have a zillion ornaments, only slightly exagerating! I have ornaments from my childhood, from my grandmother Mitchell's tree (really old ornaments), Jacob has a huge collection already, between the ones we have bought him and the ones he has made in school and Sunday school through the years!
It is snowing like crazy out side. I guess the First day of DECEMBER will be mighty white!!
2 comments:
LOVE it all! I love stories like this...poor Jacob! He doesn't stand a chance with 3 younger siblings. I love the word HOOT...I think I will have to use it soon...I love the snow today (and quite possibly today only) and For being the most stressed at work that I can be, I am loving the day!!! Thanks for adding to my LOVE!
Wow - it seems funny to hear you say it's snowing. It was kind of mild here today - only needed a light weight coat. I loved your description of the kids making popcorn balls. Sounds like you all had lots of fun!
Post a Comment