Well, we had good weekend. No, nothing special..........just that the kids and I were happy together. Ian didn't have any rages. His smile is killer and I love seeing it a lot more.
Dylan went to his first birthday party on Sat. afternoon. Ian wasn't invited....oh the fun of
twins....how do you handle that? Well, Ian went out to lunch with Daddy and Dylan went to the party, although my first impulse was to call the mom and say "Don't you know I have twins? How can you leave one out of the invitation?" But Doug and I realized that we will have these things come up and so we handled it the best we could. Dylan was bothered that Ian wasn't invited but at the same time didn't want to miss the party. Understandable for a 6 year old boy invited to his first party. Ian had fun with his Dad and came home laughing and smiling. Dylan gave him hugs and shared his goodie bag with Ian and Lindsay.
The best moments in parenting are when you see a glimpse of the heart and soul of your child.
Seeing the naughty side, challenged side - those are not so hard to deal with when you get regular glimpses of their heart and soul and it is clear that they are kind, loving and caring of each other and of people outside of their home too.
Life has been challenging, especially these last 3 or so months. I praise God for his unfailing love and faithfulness to me and my family. I am so thankful that God loves me unconditionally - he loves me even when I can't love myself because I feel like a bad person, mom, Christian, friend, etc. God loves me and my flaws. Jesus Christ died for my flaws and my sinfulness. Thank you, Jesus for paying my debt and calling me your own. If you will own me, how can I not love me?
If you will own me, who cares what the rest of the world thinks. You know I am doing the best I can.
1 comment:
I was just thinking I need to buy some cards from you. Do you sell them already made?
Thanks for looking in on me. I haven't been much up to blogging lately. I've had a lot going on in my mind and soul that is just leaving me a bit speechless for what to write about right now.
That was such a sweet post! Your kiddos are the cutest things!!!
Post a Comment