Saturday, June 28, 2008

PAIN

Well, yesterday was a fun day..........NOT. I spent 5 hours in the ER at Mercy on Sherman. I had a horrible, painful gall bladder attack. Yes, I have gall stones and will need my gall bladder out in the not too distant future.
It started on Thursday.........I went to a dr. appt. in Muskegon and then had to have blood work. All this time I had not eaten as it was fasting blood work. So when I got done about 11:30 (been up since 7) I was hungry. All alone too. I stopped at Subway for a small sub. Tasted great. Went over to Target for a few things; took my car through the car wash and then went through McD's for a small ice cream cone to eat on the way home. Well I got on the expressway and my gut right in the middle started to hurt. Soon it was really hurting and then it radiated through my breast bone into my back. I got home and curled up on the couch in misery. then I paced; then I cried; then I curled up in my bed and fell asleep. When I woke up it was gone.
Bad case of indigestion, I guess.
Well, Friday around the same time of day it started to hurt again. Soon it hurt twice as bad as the day before. I was supposed to go out to dinner and shopping with two of my best friends. Instead I went to the hospital. I suffered in the waiting room for a while and then finally they took me in and put in an IV and gave me some very lovely pain medication. Soon I felt fine. They took me for an ultrasound of my gall bladder and found many stones. I have to have it out in the not too distant future. For now, I am supposed to follow a low fat diet. Today I feel ok with the help of some vicodin and not eating anything. I am hoping to hold off til the kids are back in school. We'll see..................
So that is my fun end of the week.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Janine,

I'm so sorry to hear about the gall stones. My dh has been there, done that so I sorta know what you are going through. How will that affect lunch next Thursday? If you can't meet, I certainly understand.

Carolyn

Mellyanne said...

Hey girl. When are you going to get that thing out? I remember my mom had hers out when I was about 17 or 18 and it was outpatient and I brought her home. She said the pain from the attack was worse than labor. I feel for you and will be praying for you!
Melissa

Jodi said...

Oh my. That doesn't sound like any fun at all! Keep us all posted.