I was sleeping the other morning and then awoke to feet hitting the floor right above me. I thought, "Oh, no.........one of them is up."
I looked at the clock--6:ish, too early, go back to bed!
Then I heard another pair of feet hit the floor and then another and then running........running down the hall and then the stairs.
Ugghh..........they're up, except Jake....one nice thing teenagers do for you is sleep as late as you want them to!
My first impulse was to be annoyed........why can't the little buggers sleep til 7, for pity's sake! But then God gave me this thought- "Three healthy children, six healthy long legs and six healthy feet to run down the hall and down the stairs. What do I have to be annoyed about? And then there's Jake- his two healthy very long legs still sprawled out on his bed. Thank you so much, Father for healthy little buggers that wake me up at 6:ish!!!"
And thanks for changing my thought pattern. :)
2 comments:
Thank you for that entry. I have so been there, wanting them to go back to sleep and then taking that "moment" to appreciate their little feet at 6 in the morning!!! Thanking God for those wonderful feet that I would so enjoy at 8 :)! You know, at 8, I probably would not even think about it, which is why God has them remind me at 6.
Exactly!!
Isn't He Amazing?
Post a Comment