Saturday, November 10, 2007

Soup Weather.......

When the days get shorter and the weather colder, I pull out my soup recipes!
Last night I made Cheese Broccoli Soup and my recipe is so tattered, spilled on, etc.
that I brought it to the computer to make a new copy and decided to share it here!!
EMERY HOUSE BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP

3 large potatoes- diced
1 stalk celery- chopped (I leave this out, I hate celery)
1/2 cup onion- chopped
Enough chicken broth and water to make 3 cups
1 tsp parsley flakes
3/4 tsp salt
10 oz. frozen broccoli cuts
5 TBS flour
2 cups milk
3/4 lb. Velveeta cheese- diced
Combine onion, potatoes, and seasonings in broth/water mixture and simmer for about 5 min.
Add broccoli and simmer 10 min.
Mix flour and milk gradually and blend well. Add this mixture to the vegetables and simmer until thick.
Add cheese little by little and stir until melted.
YUM!!

No comments: