Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday, Monday......

Feels like FALL today! Lindsay went to "school" at Aunt Debbie's today and I got a lot of cleaning done! I still have tons of toys to sort and hopefully give some to Goodwill and even throw out some that are broken , etc.
I try to do a good "toy dung out" before Christmas gets here.

Well, we got all dressed for church yesterday and headed to Rothbury to visit Rothbury Community Church. We pulled in the parking lot and there was not a car in sight! I thought "someone must have told them we were coming.". But there was a sign on the door saying that services were being held at Camp A-O-Ah- Kayah that day! We would pick that Sunday to visit there!

Tomorrow is our first MOPS meeting. I am looking forward to seeing my friend Angela who I have not seen ALL summer!!!! :(
Lindsay loves to go to MOPS too.
I am so hungry for Apple Crisp! Might have to run up to the Farm Market tomorrow and get some apples.
My Apple Crisp Recipe:
Peel and slice as many apples as it takes to fill a 13 x 9 pan to heaping.
Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon (I don't measure but it's roughly 1/2 to 3/4
cup of sugar and then enough cinnamon to cover the apples pretty well.
Cut 2/3 c. margarine into 1 c. brown sugar and 1 1/2 c. flour until crumbly.
Sprinkle all this mixture over apples. I usually add about 3/4 c. chopped walnuts over that. But if you don't like nuts or just don't have any, it is delicious without it too!
Bake in 350 oven for 1/2 hour, poke a couple slices with a sharp knife to check for doneness, continue to bake until apples are fully cooked, probably another 15 to 30 minutes if you really heaped it.
This is my mom's recipe that I kind of adapted to our taste. It is extra yummy served warm with vanilla ice cream!!


No comments: